Yes, the social network for women is actually happening!
Lemme tell you where we’re at.
Last month, my founding homie Lauren and I spent a weekend at a cabin in the Blueridge Mountains concocting the framework and plan of attack for the social media network for women.
Here’s what we’ve accomplished so far:
- We’ve got a name! We’re not going to share it with you yet because we want to get all our legal ducks in a row first, but we’ll share soon! This name was thought up by one of my long-term clients and friends. If you’re reading this, E, you know who you are, and you will be receiving credit when we go public! I love our name so much and hope you will too.
- We’ve got a mission statement! Together Lauren and I have created a mission statement that privileges women’s leadership, dignity, autonomy–and fun!
- Interviewing development teams/forming a team of our own: we are in the process of putting together the perfect team for this project. We are looking to partner with tech experts who are passionate about building and maintaining a social network for women. We have interviewed a number of teams and are also exploring options of building our own. Are you a woman in tech? Are you a project manager, designer, developer? Do you want to be part of this project? We’ve got an awesome incentive or two for you in store! Hit us up by hitting reply!
- Design, branding, and construction of hype page–all underway.
- Fundraising options are being explored all-to-hell by yours truly and my dope-ass management team. I love love love to plan lavish events in case you haven’t noticed, so this part of the project is way too fun for me!
Here’s what we’re doing next:
- Trademarking the name so we can share it with the world. That’s happening this week.
- Finalizing plans for the fundraiser–what a ride this has been! The yacht idea won’t work because none of these yachts will allow boobs (go figure); however, the idea we’re working on now is one of my favorite so far. I know you’re gonna love it and it’s so appropriate for this project. We plan to have the fundraiser tickets ready to sell in March, so get your coins up!
- Deciding on the perfect development team.
- Hype page goes live in March
- Team built/hired in March/April
- Fundraiser sales start in March
- Fundraiser gala in late August/early September
- SOCIAL NETWORK LAUNCH in September
Here’s how you can help:
- Spread the word! Soon I’ll be sending out some memes n shit for y’all to share online. We appreciate you turning on your homegirls to this new space.
- Attend the gala, sis. That’s legit the best way you can support this project. And won’t you be proud in years to come when this shit is huge and you can say you were in on the ground floor? 😉
- Can’t make the time or money to come to the gala? Donate what you can afford. We’ll have links to make that possible on the hype page, which will go live in late February/early March.
Sign up for the social network for women mailing list if you haven’t already! Later this week I’ll be sending out an exclusive sneak peek of the mission statement through that list. Also, all fundraiser ticket sales and other opportunities will come through that mailing list first, so be sure you”re on the list if you want in! <3
Thanks for coming along this ride with me!
Yours in counterculture feminism and beyond,